The Art of Watercolour n° 8
Painting, an universal communication tool. The Art of Watercolour is setting out to prove that art is truly the universal language of emotion… Flip over a sample
Painting, an universal communication tool. If you had any doubts this 8th issue of The Art of Watercolour is setting out to prove that art is truly the universal language of emotion. Flip over a sample
• First-hand report: the Shanghai Zhujiajiao International Biennial.
• International news: Watercolour events from all over the world.
• Readers’ letters: our answers to your questions.
• Revelations: discover our selection of noteworthy artists: Richard Bolton, Jean-Marc Misiaszek.
• Bill James: portraits. Meet this acclaimed American artist, who considers himself an ‘American Impressionist’.
• Trevor Chamberlain: architecture and landscapes. A great traveller, he likes to seize the “moment before” in his plein air paintings.
• Angus mcEwan. Genre scenes and objects. A subtle combination of technical skill and emotion highlights the intrinsic beauty of his subjects.
• Art history: Eugène Isabey. An exhibition at the Louvre shows in what way this painter is the missing link between Romanticism and Impressionism.
• Portfolio: Mario Robinson. Portraits: through his portraits of African Americans, he seeks to promote a more faithful image of a group of people.
• Abe Toshiyuki: landscapes. Atmosphere and poetry infuse the works of this Japanese painter who idealises light.
• Amanda Hyatt: landscapes. A professional artist for thirty years, she recalls her debut in Melbourne, Australia, and her search for a freer and more faithful way of rendering her favourite subjects.
• Samir Mondal: abstract / modern technique. Finding one’s personal style through colour and shapes.
• Special feature: copying, what you can and can’t do!
• Practical guide: French painter and illustrator Yann Lesacher takes us on a plein air trip along a costal path in Brittany.
• Watercolour lesson: using tonal values to link your painting’s shapes.
• Focus on: two watercolour societies on display.
• What’s on. Exhibitions, shows and fairs around the world.
|Country of Manufacture|
|Reference number||6891-AOW 08|
The personal data collected concerning you is processed by Diverti Editions for the following purposes: assigning a rating - with a comment - to a product. The data is kept for the duration of the product's existence in the website's catalogue. You have the right to access, rectify, transfer and delete your personal data. To exercise this right, please contact: Diverti Editions, 17, avenue du Cerisier Noir, 86530 Naintré ou firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal data protection policy.
By clicking on “Create an account”, I accept the general terms and conditions of sale (GTC).